Perfect weather today. I ran my favorite Minneapolis route - Isles (1x), Calhoun (1x) and Harriet (2x) for a total of 13.1 miles. It was a very pleasant run and my average pace was just under 9:00/mile.
I planned it so my finish was at the Lake Harriet main beach. After stopping my Garmin I walked for a little bit then took a dip in the lake. Oh my, did that feel good. I was so gritty with salt that a few small fish went belly up when that part of the fresh water lake turned to salt water.
When I got home Sheila had chicken pasta waiting for me. I was so hungry; it was really nice to have a good lunch ready right away.
Now it’s nap time.
A few observations I made while on my run:
If you can afford a Cervelo S2 you probably can afford to buy a second bike that’s more appropriate for towing your kids in a Burley trailer. A kid trailer behind a carbon fiber bike just seems wrong. Same reason you don’t often see a trailer hitch on a Porsche 911.
What’s worse than running in a skirt? Running in a pleated running skirt. Blech.
Aero bars on a comfort bike? Well, it’s your money. If it makes you happy go for it but I’m not so sure you’re going to get noticeably quicker.
- chrisbiketri likes this
- dawnversion2point0 likes this
- nowforthefunpart likes this
- roundisntmyshapeanymore likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- katiegirlchasesinfinity said:Lemme know next time you’re headed to the lake so I can run by you in a pleated running skirt!
- katiegirlchasesinfinity likes this
- jordan-gets-fast likes this
- mar-kicksass likes this
- lifewithkim likes this
- falllingforward likes this
- ashamedtosay likes this
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- regainingmymoxy said:I need to start shipping for my frilly running skirt for Chicago.
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- runningwithaltitude likes this
- iwillrunforfood likes this
- gettingamyright likes this
- lifechangeneededaisle3 likes this
- davidsgoals likes this
- trivialbob posted this