Last week I didn’t ride my bike home from work at all. After a heavy weekend snowfall the roads just weren’t safe enough for me to ride. Snowbanks crowded the lanes and there were deep ruts of ice on poorly plowed streets.
Tonight I rode home. It was slow going. 14 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes.
What does it say about Minneapolis that all the bike paths are completely clear of snow and ice but the side streets are terrible?
The first picture is the Bryant Avenue entrance to the Midtown Greenway. Look at all that nice blacktop. The second picture is Beard Avenue. I rode two blocks of that street and almost fell three times.
The main roads (France Ave and Xerxes Ave) were mostly clear but the sidewalks next to them weren’t great.
- tallmormon said: I wanna go to Minneapolis so bad
- tallmormon likes this
- ceebeedoeslife likes this
- turtleseyeview said: I so wish I lived in a more bike friendly place.
- turtleseyeview likes this
- dawnversion2point0 likes this
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- iwillrunforfood likes this
- lojogetsfaster likes this
- justbrooksy likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- run-doozer-run likes this
- mar-kicksass likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- two-o-nine likes this
- two-o-nine said: You say Xerxes, and all I can think is “did you stop for Pizzeria Lola?”
- lifewithkim likes this
- mrstrivialbob likes this
- sabbyrunsatl said: I really have no excuse for not riding when it rains…but we have few bike paths.
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- chrystimoreorless said: Jealous! Out here in the sticks of WI, our bike paths won’t be clear again until it melts. They don’t clear them ever in Jefferson county.
- chrystimoreorless likes this
- snapthistiger said: wowzz. 14 miles is quite a ride in those conditions.
- snapthistiger likes this
- trivialbob posted this