Things that are yellow, for $400, Alex.
Many parents know that often when a youngster is really crabby the kid is tired and/or hungry. Naps and food are the obvious remedies. Proper planning means using these as preventative measures.
When my sons were young and I needed to bring them somewhere, be it relatives’ houses or just a grocery store, I made sure they weren’t starving or super tired. This I learned from experience.
During one colossal meltdown at the Mall of America’s Lego Land I got very embarrassed, picked up my kid and quickly walked out. A mall cop briefly followed me. Seriously. Probably making sure it wasn’t a kidnapping attempt.
I was saved from arrest when my child screamed “I hate you dad!” Had it had been a real kidnapping the mall cop saw I was already getting punished for my crime and let me go about my business.
The kid fell asleep in his car seat on the ride home. Back home he had a little snack then he was all smiles. A totally different child.
It doesn’t go away when the child is old enough to have a driver’s license.
In a soccer game the other night Jack was losing his temper. The referee warned him to calm down. Moments later Jack “bumped into” an opponent. It wasn’t bad enough to normally get a yellow card but with that verbal warning only moments earlier, well he asked for it.
After the game he snarled at me. Words were exchanged. Not nice ones. I stopped trying to talk to him. He was tired and cranky. Then he had a snack and became a nice person.
I wonder if I can find the little Cheerios container I used to carry around. I could bring it to soccer games.
It’s yellow, just like that card the referee held up.
- rowdynation likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- tri-jonesin likes this
- aliceinadexterdsworld said: You can get them at cub. Lol
- aliceinadexterdsworld likes this
- exitrowiron likes this
- tallmormon said: hahaha
- tallmormon likes this
- arunnnersjog likes this
- auspiciouspatti likes this
- sabbyrunsatl said: I love that his tongue is sticking out.
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- kungfucaveman likes this
- iwillrunforfood likes this
- runningfortheriesling likes this
- mar-kicksass likes this
- highbob likes this
- zerotomudder said: Hangry = hunger + angry.
- liftheavyrunstrong likes this
- chrystimoreorless likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove said: Oh yes. Fun times.
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- mobim1 likes this
- equilibriumseeker likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- run2bme likes this
- kristenquotidienne likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- justbrooksy said: Haha. You’re much more patient than I am.
- justbrooksy likes this
- iron-inside likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- thelifeandtimesofbeingme likes this
- trimamatri said: this is awesome!!
- trimamatri likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- racingtheghosts likes this
- shortmom likes this
- lifewithkim said: There are days I need the yellow Cheerios container too:)
- runlong likes this
- lifewithkim likes this
- gettingamyright likes this
- runningthankful likes this
- orange-active-science said: I know a few adults (including myself) for whom this still holds true ;-)
- thelittlerippa likes this
- davidsgoals likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- turtleseyeview likes this
- trivialbob posted this