Our dogs have many toys. This is likely the reason only one pair of sandals have ever been destroyed by chewing.
Ella has been working hard to thin the stuffed-animal herd. Sometimes I get home and there’s cotton-like stuffing all over the living room floor. I dispose of the carcass and vacuum up the stuffing. No big deal.
The Beanie Babies, whoa, that’s a different story. They’re filled with as many tiny plastic beads as there are hunger pains at a Grateful Dead show.
The beads work their way in to the deep fibers of carpet. Our Hoover is the P.A.W.S. (Pet Approved Windtunnel System) model (seriously!)which works well snarfing up dog hair - something of which we have an abundance.
Run the Hoover over the beads and it makes a terrible racket. It also can’t pick up all of them. For days I feel stray beads underfoot as walking causes them to work their way back to the surface.
Today I was able to save the Beanie Baby pictured before he was completely eviscerated. It only means I’ll be vacuuming his guts a different day.
- littlerunnergurl likes this
- almondsofjoy said: Aren’t beanie babies collectable too!?
- almondsofjoy likes this
- runningthankful said: I love this pic! Ella looks like she saying, “GIVE ME THAT! GIVE ME THAT!”
- runningthankful likes this
- runningmyownrace likes this
- shrinkingmomma likes this
- pharmkitten said: She looks so innocent. Mean daddy taking her toy away…..
- pharmkitten likes this
- tri-me said: OMG, what a *cutie*!!!
- aliceinadexterdsworld said: Dex decides when no one wants to play with him he will make it ” snow” while looking at you as he pulls out the stuffing… He also has many ” frankin toys” cause I sew up his faves ;)
- aliceinadexterdsworld likes this
- tallmormon said: Hahaha hunger pains, so accurate
- tallmormon likes this
- yearwon likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- chrystimoreorless likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- juliajane likes this
- racingtheghosts likes this
- sarahspeaksnow likes this
- orange-active-science likes this
- auspiciouspatti likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- hopetherunner likes this
- arunnnersjog said: It looks like she’s waiting for you to turn your head so she can finish the job!
- marathonmelissa likes this
- keepgoinggreen likes this
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- run2bme said: Ahhh grateful dead munchies…. memories.
- willandamyrun-and-roll likes this
- run2bme likes this
- sleepruneatrepeat likes this
- runwithrach likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- mar-kicksass likes this
- runningtowardshappyness likes this
- sabbyrunsatl said: Look at her face.
- sabbyrunsatl likes this
- trivialbob posted this